Terms & Conditions of Service
1. The contract is between peekaboobaby Limited (peekaboobaby) and the Customer (you) and shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights.
2. peekaboobaby will provide foetal imaging ultrasound (“the scan”). Our Sonographers are not in possession of your medical records or history and are therefore not in a position to medically advise you on any diagnostic matters. You should always seek the advice of your Consultant and/or General Practitioner with any questions you may have regarding the Scan. Under no circumstances should the Scan be seen as a substitute for a dating, anomaly or any other scan offered to you by your hospital or General Practitioner during the antenatal process.
- The purpose of the Reassurance Scan is to determine the wellbeing of the pregnancy and for parental bonding.
- The purpose of the Gender Confirmation Scan is to provide a professional opinion of the gender (sex) of the baby.
- The purpose of the ultimate Gender Scan is to provide a professional opinion of the gender (sex) of the baby and to produce souvenir images.
- The purpose of a 4D Bonding Scan is to provide enhanced 3D/4D imagery for the purpose of parental bonding and to produce souvenir images.
Scan Report, Pictorial Imagery & Souvenirs
3. peekaboobaby will supply optional DVD video recording, electronic images on CD-ROM and/or still paper prints of the Scan. You have license to use the souvenir material on the basis that you will not use it for medical reference or for any other purpose other than home use. Peekaboobaby will not maintain any record of the souvenir scan images. In the cases of a Gender Determination or a 4D Bonding Scan, if in our Songraphers opinion, your baby’s position at the time of the scan prevents gender determination or the production of suitable souvenir pictorial 3D/4D images, you will be offered one complimentary rescan on an alternative date. Suitable souvenir 3D/4D images are defined as varying unobstructed facial profiles, not limited to face on, combined with imagery of hands and feet where achievable. Images can vary greatly within each pregnancy, as such peekaboobaby will not warrant the replication of any previous scan imagery the client may wish to make comparison to. The Sonographers professional opinion as to the suitability of the imagery obtained is final. In the event the Sonographer determines a rescan is required this decision will be made at the earliest opportunity and the remaining appointment time will be forgone. On the extremely rare occasion we are unable to obtain that which is required after your complimentary rescan, the Sonographer will provide a professional opinion as to whether the desired result would be achievable through further scanning. Any further scan would be chargeable.
Free 4D Glimpse
4. peekaboobaby will provide a limited glimpse in 4D motion where the position of the baby is conducive to achieve such imagery. In the event such imagery is not attainable at first glance, no additional time will be spent attempting to obtain images. Failure to provide a 4D Free Glimpse does not constitute reason for a rescan.
Price and Payment Terms
5. The price for the Scan will be the price stipulated at the time of booking, as defined in the peekaboobaby published price list.
6. Reservations can be made by phone or on-line using our secure booking facility.
7. In the event a complimentary rescan is offered, full payment for the original appointment will be required before any rescan appointment is confirmed. In the event we are unable to obtain that which is required at a rescan appointment, not withstanding circumstances beyond our control, a standard scanning fee of £50 will be required and any remaining funds will be refunded
8. Payment shall be made before the scan is undertaken and peekaboobaby are not bound to deliver a scan report or pictorial souvenir either in DVD, CD-ROM format or paper print until the cost of the scan is paid in full.
Cancellation, missed & Amendment Terms
9. A confirmed booking is an appointment for which a deposit has been paid. Should you wish to cancel, amend or miss your appointment the following terms apply.
Cancellations of a confirmed appointment will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the full cost of the booked scan.
Amendment can be made up to 24hours prior to your appointment slot
If you miss an appointment a refund will not be provided
10. Our commitment to customers, we aim to ensure making a complaint is as easy as possible
- We treat your complaint seriously
- We deal with your complaint promptly and in confidence
- We learn from complaints and use them to review and improve our service
What is a complaint? A complaint is when you tell us you are not happy about the service we provide. It can be about anything and could include:-
- When we do not deliver a service on time
- When we give you the wrong information
- When you receive a poor quality service
- When you have a problem with a member of staff
How to make a complaint:
In writing: Peekaboobaby Ltd, 7 Herbert Terrace Penarth. CF642AH.
Safeguarding of Minors
11. PEEKABOOBABY has adopted an ethical policy to restrict services provided to those aged 16 years and over.
12. Scan bookings are allotted a specific time slot. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the Scan is carried out at the allocated time, appointment times cannot be guaranteed.
13. Peekaboobaby accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal effects howsoever caused whilst customers are on the premises.
14. Peekaboobaby reserves the right to modify the service without notice from time to time. If, by doing so, the service is materially different then you will have the right to cancellation.
15. Peekaboobaby will not be responsible or liable for any incidental or consequential loss or damage:
a) Caused by any act or omission by Peekaboobaby or its employees, servants or agents
b) Suffered by any person acting or failing to act as a result of the contents of any scan or any information supplied in connection with the Scan.
Nothing in this clause shall exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Peekaboobaby.
16. Peekaboobaby will not be responsible for the breach of this contract caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
17. The contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is the entire contract between you and Peekaboobaby Ltd.